Theatre of puppets is not a mirror or an infantile introduction to the "real theatre", not a didactic method, not a pedagogical way for our beloved nor a way of imitating anything. Of course it could be any of this. We present you the spectacles which use the art of animation from classics to experiments. We would like to convince you that there are various languages of art and many creative spaces which are worth to explore. To laugh at them, to be touched by them, breathe by them and negate only if consciously.
Marek b. Chodaczyński
Marek b. Chodaczyński (1954)
Zodiacal Taurus, Director, co-founder and chairman of The Impossible Theatre Union. Father and director of International Festival of Puppet Theatres and Animated Films for Adults "Puppet is a Human too". President of the Polish Center of International Puppet Artist's Union POLUNIMA. A cultural animator. Individual prizes for direction in Poland and Czech Republic. Individual prizes and scholarship of Minister of Culture. He received medals: "Gloria Artis", "Meritorious for Polish Culture" and medal on the 50th anniversary of POLUNIMA and the distinction "The Talents of Ochota". He has directed spectacles in Poland, Belarus and Russia.
The „Puppet is a Human too” prize pool in 2021 is 15 000 PLN.
The awards are granted for:
- "Expressing the Life with a Puppet"
- "Expressing The Theatre with an Idea of a Puppet"
- "Expressing the Theatre with a Puppet"
- "A Hundred for the Point" granted by the volunteers of "Laboratory of Sound" Electronic Orchestra
- Audience Award
- The "Wonderful Moment" award for a beautiful moment of animation, in the form of a bronze sculpture (a replica of the Noemi sculpture from the "Options of Life according to professor Leszek Kołakowski" spectacle, originally crafted by Ewald Kornek), issued by the President of the Impossible Theatre Union Marek b. Chodaczyński.